Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just a quick note...

...because I don't feel like writing long stories about anything (well, it's a bit late already and I should still work with my last report, which should be 5 pages long and due on Friday noon). I'm still alive. I've got results from most of my exams, and they were surprisingly good. Probably I shouldn't write this yet, as one exam and this report are still missing, but still. Positive surprises on that front...This is more or less my last week in Bern (on Sunday I'll go away for two weeks and then I come back here only to pick up my stuff, say goodbye to some friends and fly back to Helsinki), or at least that's the plan. As you all know, plans are just plans and can change on any minute. Still it's good to got some plans, just in case things happen to go according to them ;)
Last weekend was spent mostly in Zurich, as Züri-Fäscht turned the whole city upside-down. An estimated 1,2 million visitors on Saturday made the city totally crowded, fireworks lasted for half an hour (and looked just perfect when watched from a balcony of a lawyer's office just by the lake...oh how did I end up in there? Well, thanks to our host Nico and his friends...) and now I know for sure that it's possible to make loops and fly upside-down on a helicopter and stay still in the air with an airplane. Been there, seen that on my own eyes...
I also saw the first fight, a drunken woman beating a man she was walking with, and the first theft during my time in this country, so now I also know that there is criminality in Switzerland. I had already started to doubt that.
Still many places to see and things to do, it's going to be a busy week (just hope the weather gets better, until now it's been rainy and cloudy most of the days and that doesn't make me too keen to go out and do anything)...

No comments: